Your donation is being matched! All donations help us meet a challenge grant from the James F. and Marion L. Miller Foundation.
VISION: Portland State University is internationally known for creating and implementing novel approaches to solve society’s most complex and pressing challenges.
MISSION: The Institute for Sustainable Solutions is the central portal for sustainability at PSU, fostering innovative cross-disciplinary research, critical skill-building curriculum, and effective community engagement to solve sustainability challenges in Portland and beyond.
Our work is:
- Integrative: We believe that systemic challenges require diverse, cross-disciplinary solutions.
- Pragmatic: We enable research and education that is relevant and can be immediately applied to address current challenges.
- Equitable: We promote social and economic equity in our research, student engagement, and community partnerships.
- Collaborative: Partnerships—across the University and with community organizations—are key to effectively addressing sustainability challenges.
- Transformative: We seek effective and lasting positive change—in the University, our community, and our world—through the continuous assessment and adaptation of our programs.
Thank you for your support.